Thursday, May 20, 2010

Letter to Harvard University's Legal Department



Subject: Regarding the disposition of Tennessee Williams' estate
From: Scott D Kenan
Date: May 20, 2010 10:44:04 AM EDT
To: Scott Fields

Dear Mr. Fields,

I was playwright Tennessee Williams' personal assistant for half a year, ending about ten months before his death, although I did see him occasionally after that. I was with Tennessee and Jackie Onassis at Jean Stein and George Plimpton's party for TW in January of 1982, when Jackie convinced him to write a codicil to his will to have Harvard University oversee the management of his estate, although its ownership would remain at The University of the South (TUOTS. It is unseemly to pronounce this acronym, but it is also fun).

The reason for the codicil being that Reaganism was coming into full flower, and Christian leaders were publicly calling AIDS God's righteous punishment of gays. No real Christian leaders or politicians dared rebut this at the time, and Jackie knew that the small Christian college with its proud Confederate heritage would not properly handle the management of the rights and access to archives. As you no doubt know, the codicil was somehow thrown out and the will not really respected either. NYC lawyer, Michael Remer and his associates have even terrorized any director, scholar, or other who has dared to say anything they do not like.

It is my contention that Mr. Remer in collusion with TW's "friend" Maria St. Just, and TW's personal attorney John Eastman (who I can personally attest was star-struck by his brother-in-law, Paul McCartney and other celebrities who were also his clients), conspired to and succeeded at bribing several of TW's closest associates to claim Tennessee was incompetent when he signed the codicil. I knew all these people well, and can testify to how certain of them lived quite high on the hog here in Atlanta, where they too moved after the agreement on the disposition of Mr. Williams' will was reached.

I am contacting you in the hope that even if the statute of limitations prevents a legal correcting of these matters, the truth can finally come out. I want nothing for myself except the satisfaction of correcting these matters, especially the public record of history. I am in contact with John Uecker (who was with TW when he died, and while John is currently totally freaked out due to pressure from Mr. Remer's associates, he is in agreement with me and when he feels safe, will support all that I claim to the extent that he also knows it.

I too have suffered much for trying to tell the truth the last nine months (five absurd attempts to commit me to a mental hospital and one actual poisoning, total corruption of my computers and frequent interruption of my email and phone lines. John Blades, executive director of the Flagler Museum -- a major charity of my distant relatives in Chapel Hill whom I've gotten some help on all this from -- has helped me prove and save evidence that the content of my emails was often changed in transit), but I am fine, fearless, and totally committed to the truth in these matters, although I may have made some errors in the past in my interpretation of events. I would be entirely at the service of Harvard University should you seek to pursue correction or at least revelation of the truth in these matters.

Many years ago, I was diagnosed bipolar and put on Lithium. One effect of Lithium is that it dulls intuition and prevents one from connecting the dots of one's experience. That is why it has only been in the last couple of years, after my medication was changed, that I realized the significance of what I have always known. In fact, I have been re-evaluated and found not to be bipolar at all, but suffering some family trauma, a story I'll spare you for now.

My emails often do not reach their intended recipients. That is why I usually copy many far and wide when I send an email of significance. I am doing that with this one as well. The first two are detectives here in Stone Mountain who have been kind enough to monitor my emails. The others are persons of interest in this matter, generally Williams scholars. Anne Cox is a cousin of the playwright and an Atlanta artist.

Two people who knew me when I worked for Tennessee who, I believe, would give you their honest opinion of me. I would be happy to give you additional references as well.

Gregory Mosher, theater director/producer and currently director of the Arts Initiative at Columbia University

Mitch Douglas, a former agent of Tennessee's, he was with ICM, but is now with Kerin-Goldberg Associates

Scott D. Kenan
Stone Mountain, GA 30083

My memoir: www.walkingonglass.net (please note the reviews)
My personal site: www.scottkenan.com

Thank you for your consideration, I look forward to your reply.

Scott D. Kenan

No comments: