Tuesday, January 17, 2012

McDonalds restaurant in Wilmington Harbors Drug Traffickers!!!



>>> BRIEFLY: This morning, I hiked to McDonalds on Market Street near Kerr Avenue. THE SAME dumpy young woman who a year ago seemed to be selling drugs to street people still manned the counter!!! And the manager was the SAME tallish, 40s-ish white guy who had barrelled out of the back room door to the parkinglot with a 1/3 smoked cigarette smoking in his mouth to demand I leave the parkinglot and claiming I was panhandling.

I had NEVER panhandled at McDonalds, although I had asked a few people outside for cigarettes at times -- common practice all over the town and indeed the WORLD. This was outrageous -- especially after this same manager had allowed an old (45? -- she was so toothless, almost, and scanky that it was hard to tell) white woman who lived in her car on McDonald's lot and panhandled money and CIGARETTES ALL THE TIME -- and THEN was caught giving someone a blow job on the McDonalds property ON CAMERA -- or so it was said at the time) CRACK WHORE to remain.

I was told I was not allowed back for a year, so today I DID go back and I told that manager that since his franchise company (whom I had called at the time to report the outrage and demand THEY fix it) had investigated and found they had NOT improperly banned me and additionally were NOT going to take action against their employees who probably sold illegal drugs in the store and DEFINITELY protected the drug culture that hung out INSIDE and OUTSIDE that McDonalds, I would now see to it that "YOUR COMPANY SUFFERS DIRE CONSEQUENCES."

>>> I found NO drug-culture protections or involvement in any of the other McDonalds restaurants in the area that I've visited. Only this one.

>>> I got a Facebook poke last night from my friend (and Tennessee Williams' friend), the writer and political activist Edmund White. It was MOST gratifying!!!

More later . . .
Scott

No comments: