Friday, January 18, 2013

Is This WHY NYC Lawyer John Eastman Had John Lennon MURDERED???

John+lennon_25_large
Paul McCartney, Linda Eastman, John Lennon, Yoko Ono





>>> JOHN AND YOKO DISCUSS DEALING WITH EASTMAN:


It is not entirely clear in this interview ( http://usual.archive.org/stream/TheBeatles1970-2001V1/TheBeatles1970-2001V1_djvu.txt ) if they are referring to the father Lee Eastman or his son John Eastman.





Lee Eastman had been born Leopold Vail Epstein, (12 January 1910 - 30 July 1991). I found no date of birth for John Eastman, but Linda (Eastman) McCarthney -- the marriage was in 1969 -- was born in 1941. John Eastman seemed about 10 years older than me when I knew him, so I assume they were close to the same age -- Linda was exactly 10 years older than me.




John Lennon: Finally, when we got near the point when Allen (Allen Klein), came in, the Eastmans panicked; yet I was still open. I liked Allen but I would have taken Eastman if he would have turned out something other than what he was.

We arranged to see Eastman and Klein together in a hotel where one of them was staying. For the four Beatles and Yoko to go and see them both. We hadn't been in there more than a few minutes when Lee Eastman was having something like an epileptic fit, and screaming at Allen, that he was "the lowest cum on earth," and calling him all sorts of names. Allen was sitting there, taking it, you know, just takin' it.

Eastman was abusing him with class snobbery. What Eastman didn't know then is that Neil had been in New York and found out that Lee Eastman's real name was Lee Epstein! That's the kind of people they are. But Paul fell for that bullshit, because Eastman's got Picassos on the wall and because he's got some sort of East Coast suit; form and not substance. Now, that's McCartney. We were all still not sure and they brought in this fella, and he had a fuckin' fit.

We had thought it was one in a million but that was enough for me, soon as he started nailing Klein on his taste. Paul was getting in little digs about Allen's dress. I mean you just go and look at Paul's dress, or at his father, or anything who the fuck does he think he is? Him talking about dress! Man, so that was it, and we said, "fuck it!" I wouldn't let Eastman near me; I wouldn't let a fuckin' animal like that who has a mind like that near me. Who despises me, too, despises me because of what I am and what I look like.

You know, these people like Eastman and Dick James and people like that, think that I'm an idiot. They really can't see me; they think I'm some kind of guy who got struck lucky, a pal of Paul's or something. They're so fuckin' stupid they don't know.

The reason Allen knew was because he knew who I was. He wasn't going on what a pretty face I've got. Eastman blew it, and then he went on to do it again. Where did he do it? Next time he did it was in the Apple office. He kept coming to me, trying to hold his madness down, this insanity that kept coming out. He was coming up to me saying "I can't tell you how much I admire you." Gortikov [the chairman of Capitol Records] does that too; you know them, full of praise, like "I can't tell you how much I've admired your work, John."

And I'm just watchin' this and I'm thinkin' "it's happening to me," and "thank you very much," and all that [To Yoko:] What was the second fit, because I want this out. What was the second time he blew it?

Yoko Ono: In Apple or something.

Lennon: He did it in front of everybody. This was supposed to be the guy who was taking over the multi-million dollar corporation, and it was going to be slick. Paul was sort of intimating that Allen's business offices on Broadway were not nice enough as if that were any fuckin' difference! Eastman was in the good section of town. "Oh, boy, man, that's where it's at!" And Eastman's office has got class! I don't care if this is fuckin' red white and blue, I don't care what Allen dresses like, he's a human being, man.

Interviewer: So you said "No” to Eastman, and what did Paul do?

Lennon: The more we said "no," the more he said "yes." Eastman went mad and shouted and all that.




John Eastman with his sister Linda (Eastman) McCartney in Tokyo, 1980 -- pretty much like I knew John in 1981 - 82.




>>> MY OWN ACCOUNT of hearing, in Key West, the news of John Lennon's death, please click: The Day the Music Died.


.

No comments: