Tuesday, February 21, 2017

RP: UPDATE: Kenan Institute for Ethics, Finding a Personal Injury Attorney, and Joseph Faulk's Response to Our Communications of Yesterday:

RE-PRINTED from herehttp://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2017/02/update-kenan-institute-for-ethics.html



CONGRATULATIONS to Suzanne Shanahan, just named the NEW Director of the Kenan Institute for Ethics!!!


Suzanne Shanahan is Nannerl O. Keohane Director of the Kenan Institute for Ethics and Associate Research Professor in Sociology. She also directs DukeEngage’s Duke in Dublin program and the Institute’s Refugee Resettlement project. 

Her current research includes work on corporate social responsibility in Brazil, India, South Africa and Thailand, comparing the effects of immigration on racial violence in the United States and Europe and the explanation of ethical crisis across business, higher education, military and religious organizations. 

She received the Robert B. Cox Distinguished Teaching Award in 2005 and the Dean’s Distinguished Service Award in 2009. Suzanne received her Ph.D from Stanford University.




This morning, I called the Ethics Institute, and again, had to leave a message for Bashar Alobaidi (whom I THINK I met at Jamie Kalven's lecture nearly two weeks ago: http://www.slate.com/authors.jamie_kalven.html). The young woman who answered the phone was NOT certain HOW I should make out a check to donate to them (directly, rather than online, which appears to go to general Duke funds). I'll probably just mail them a check the way that seems logical, in any case, today.

I explained to the woman that I am still recovering from being hit by a truck, but when I'm feeling up to the drive, I'll be up to explore their public areas.



REALLY like this several-years-old poster for many reasons, and it appears that the Institute has this contest every year!!!


And then I called Bruce Mason's Law Office, and left message of my situation re: being hit by the Time Warner Cable truck, and he's to call me about it when he's out of Court, later today.


I explained that because he impressed me 1.5 years ago, I'm offering it to him FIRST, and will not contact another lawyer until I hear from him. 


>>> RECENT COMMUNICATIONS WITH JOSEPH FAULK, and then with Haston Caulder, who finally awoke this morning: 

I think the best way is to first publish our emails -- from BEFORE Haston awoke. This "request" actually written an hour later, in response to THIS blog posting: http://theweathercontinues.blogspot.com/2017/02/after-visiting-roommate-haston-caulders.html



RE: My request concerning Haston
And Joseph was TRUE TO HIS WORDsending the following, then:


Fwd: You've got money

Scott Kenan to jfaulk001 + 9 more

Thanks for this. On thinking further, I decided that Haston's having PayPal is better than me passing on his money. I hope he will be able to manage things. I will help him set it up in a few days -- whether you pay me to do it or not. Right now I'm still too terrorized by his behaviors and lies of the last several days to deal with him more than necessary.


FYI, yesterday, Gold Walker said that if he's interested, she would pay Haston to replace the dodgy screening in "Miss Lucy's" back door, but when I mentioned this to Lucy, she said she hopes to never SEE the little fucker again and seriously REGRETS getting him connected with Travis and that job. She decided she will repair her own door, rather than have him do it. I have NOT mentioned this to Haston, of course.

At 8:57, he is still sleeping, so no idea what's going on with him. And I just got an email from the Kenan Institute for Ethics, so I'd better get cracking with my OWN business that neither you nor Haston give much of a SHIT about. 

All you two are interested in are drugs and sex.

S


-----Original Message-----

From: service <service@paypal.com>
To: Scott Kenan <scottdkenan@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Feb 21, 2017 8:32 am
Subject: You've got money


Hello, Scott Kenan
PayPal
Joseph Faulk sent you $1,300.00 USD
Note from Joseph Faulk:
quote$1200 for H, $100 for you. -J-quote
Transaction Details


When Haston awoke at 9:30, we had a nice conversation -- and I did NOT challenge him, nor did I tell him I had visited his Probation Officer yesterday afternoon. But I DID ask him again WHICH drugs caused him to flunk his test, and he again claimed "Kraton and that herbal, marijuana substitute", so I guess Mr. Billinger did NOT fill Haston in on anything more than Haston confessed to on that!!!

And DESPITE Joseph Faulk's email to me AND Haston telling him NOT to hire a private attorney, Haston told me he HIRED A PRIVATE ATTORNEY, yesterday, who told him to ALSO KEEP his assigned Public Defender.


This guy has advised him to FIRST get a psychiatrist's FULL EVALUATION, and if he had BRAIN DAMAGE years ago from going through a windshield, that he will be able to get the Shoplifting charge THROWN OUT, and there's an 80% chance that he can get it WIPED COMPLETELY from his Record.

This lawyer whose name Haston could not remember, has a surname that starts with "Ash", but is longer than "Ashcroft". He charges $150.00 per action, and Haston has already paid him $450.00 to cover the initial consult, and he promised to speak with District Attorney Benjamin R. David PERSONALLY about the matter, and one other action now taken, is what this first payment covers. He said he'd work out monthly payments for what else accumulates, he expecting to handle it in TWO Court appearances.

Haston hopes to buy a phone today. He ALSO hopes to close his account at Wells Fargo Bank (angry that they accrued about $50.00 BEYOND his balance, while he was in jail, recently -- but he PAID that and reopened the account). He plans on opening an account at Kenan-controlled Bank of America -- not because of Kenan association, but because they have a GREAT DEAL of an account that even with low balance has NO FEES -- as long as you meet certain conditions -- and it has worked GREAT for me!!!

Haston ALSO thinks that a guy named Levi (whom he'd PREVIOUSLY claimed as having already hired him to work when Travis has no siding work), MIGHT throw him a few odd jobs, so he hopes to talk to him today, too.


He claimed SURPRISE and NO UNDERSTANDING, when I told him someone called this morning to ask how he is RECOVERING after being hit by the BUS this past Sunday -- as Travis apparently claims Haston called and left message had happened to him.


It is DEFINITELY time for that FULL PSYCHIATRIC EXAMINATION -- wouldn't YOU agree???


And NOW, I'm back to my own projects . . .









.

No comments: